Health Insurance

July 01, 2011

All foreign students in Québec are required to have health and hospitalization insurance for themselves and their accompanying dependents and to maintain this insurance for the duration of their studies.

You will have to pay and register to plan insurance with any private compagny, the canadian european academy dont provide the health insurance and not hospital insurance for them registred students.

 You have to contact the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) as soon as possible after your arrival to apply for a health insurance card (carte soleil). The RAMQ will tell you how to proceed, the documents to provide, as well as the extent of your coverage. This coverage by RAMQ is only done for student coming about specific coutries with reciprocity agreement between governements( call RAMQ To see this option).


In principle, reciprocity agreements also cover your accompanying spouse and children. If they are covered, they will also be able to have a health insurance card. If not, they will have to take out private health insurance.


In all other circumstances, you will have to take out private health and hospitalization insurance for yourself as soon as possible you arrive at Canada (first week) .

Our educational institution does not suggest any private insurance plan, contact the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association Inc. to learn about the companies that sell this type of policy.


You have a limited period of time (from 5 to 30 days, depending on the insurance company) to take out private insurance after you arrive in Québec. Please purchase insurance before this deadline since it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to do so thereafter.

Contact information

Phone: 514-779-9595

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/cae/public_html/includes/foot.php on line 102